Monday, December 19, 2011

Sweet and Settled In

Squash is a huge sweetheart. He loves to be petted and scratched and will stand next/over me for as long as I am willing to love on him. If I stop before he is done, he'll circle around me and rub himself against me for more & more <3

Squash has fully settled in and does really well even though we don't have a set schedule because my work schedule fluctuates. I can tell he is really comfortable now because this week he has started to trot/run in the backyard a little bit. He even nitted me (really hard!) yesterday when I was excitedly playing with the dogs and laughing.
His 5AM bed rubs have now become 6AM rubs, yay! It is not entirely his fault because he can hear my weims whining softly or walking around. I can live with 6AM just fine since it is close to my normal wake up time.

His down training is going well even though I have only spent a total of 30 mins training him the past two weeks. I will post a video of our progress next week.

I will leave you with a video of Squash in the backyard. He likes to spy on the neighbor's two small dogs. He wishes I didn't have a privacy fence because it makes it difficult, lol!
Notice how he comes to me when I call him even though he is distracted by them. He is such a great listener! His wonky ear is adorable folded over...

No comments:

Post a Comment